Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Imprints

What imprint are you leaving on other people's lives? Who is leaving part of their legacy in you? Was reading a blog written by Sheyenne about her "uncle" Bill that died this last week and made me wonder about those things as she described the impact he has had on her life. The big picture things and the little ways we leave our footprints. We are all leaving them, but are we doing it intentionally?

I feel so much of my life is spent focused on me that I miss the important things more often than not. I don't want to miss the chance to impact someone if I have that opportunity because I am so busy worried about the little things. The thing is that most of the time it is a gradual process through the little things that leave the impact. It takes time to invest in someone else. Seems to me that most days that is the thing we have little of - time. We run from one thing to the next hardly stopping to focus on those around us. To learn from those around us and to invest in those we could. Is that my imprint? Busy, without caring about those right in front of me. Like most things, the imprint we leave is our choice. What are you going to do with yours?

No comments: