Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Box building

I've wondering if I have put God into a convenient box while thinking that I am pretty cutting edge. I was thinking about the miracles God displayed through Moses in his encounters with Pharaoh and wondered what I would have thought about those. I tend to think that if I had been around in the stories told in the Bible that I would have easily seen them for the incredible things they were, but would I have really? Would I write them off as a trick of Satan, be indifferent to them or recognize them as a miracle? Okay, so what if they happen today? What if the drug pusher down the street wants to give you the exact amount of money needed to pay off the debt of the church? What if you meet someone who was healed by that televangelists that you question as a fake? God can use whatever means he chooses right? Do we try to limit God to what we think is the way He should do things? If I can imagine it, doesn't that mean He can do something beyond that? The creation can't go beyond the creator so what I can imagine could be easily done by Him. Do I mold to God or am I trying to mold Him to fit my image? Don't know for sure some days, but I do know that I want to pursue a holy God that continues to blow away my small ideas and boxes that I try to build. I want Him to do things that I can't explain and don't expect.

No comments: