Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Aniticipation

Every get something stuck in your mind that you just can't seem to shake for the day? Usually for me it is something very unimportant like a song or "that's what she said" mentality, but today I read something on Mark Batterson's blog that has been playing on constant loop through my thoughts. Here is the one sentence that has been stuck there all day - "May you be filled with holy anticipation knowing that at any given moment God can invade the reality of your life and change everything." I have thought a lot today about if I live in holy anticipation. Do I wait eagerly and expect the moment God might decide to totally shake everything up and say today is that day? I have been talking with Lisa recently about seeing where God is moving and joining in (she is going through the Experiencing God study again which talks quite a bit about that) and wonder what we might be missing because we just go through our days and don't search for where God is working. That is part of what holy anticipation means to me. Am I constantly ready to allow God to invade my reality or do I have my plans that keep me from seeing those opportunities? I want to be ready because I don't know when, where or how God will decide to change everything, but I know that I might miss it I am not anticipating it. Are you ready for that "one day" moment when God might invade your life?

No comments: