Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Honest feedback

I love the real and honest feedback I get from the people in my life. People who speak truth into my life and not try to blow smoke or tell me what they think I want to hear. I would rather hear what needs to be said, even it hurts at the time, than to have someone give me false words of encouragement. Now not everyone has earned the right to speak bluntly into my life. Truth is truth, but for me to best hear it sometimes it has to come from people who have invested in me and who I know want the best for me even when it is uncomfortable (especially when it is uncomfortable). Do you seek out these kind of people? Are you this kind of person? Do you think we are suppose to be this kind of person if we are trying to pursue Jesus? What do you think? The processing continues...

No comments: