Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Continuing education

I am glad that I never stop learning. I might be slow to understand some things and get stuck in the remedial course on others, but hopefully I eventually get it. I love hearing people talk about things they are passionate about. You know those times when someone is talking and just can't seem to talk fast enough to keep up with what they are thinking. They want you to get it and to understand why they are so excited. I want to learn from them even if I don't care as much about the subject as they do. I love reading things that challenge me to think about things in a new way. People who see things from a different perspective. Probably part of my fascination with history as well. Learning the story behind the facts. I don't ever want to feel like I have arrived. That I can't be taught anything new.

So what am I learning? I am learning how to be a better husband. I watch those who approach marriage with love in every act of serving their spouse. I read how to protect the incredible relationship I have with my wife. I talk to friends who challenge me to be a better husband. I am learning how to be a friend. I surround myself with people who are good at this. Friends who teach me so much about how to do this thing called life. Guys who challenge my thinking and love me anyway. I have a lot to learn about a lot of different things. There is an endless amount of learning to be done. How do you learn? You live. Each day brings something new to the table. A new lesson (or maybe even a repeating one) that you get the chance to apply. A new perspective to see if you take the time to look from a different point of view. What are you learning today?

No comments: