Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A year in reflection

What an amazing year! I love as it approaches fall and this mornings weather reminds me that fall is just around the corner. I simply want to spend lots of time outside (not good for work productivity though) especially when it is 65 degrees in the morning and in the 80's during the afternoon. This time of year seems like when things feel new and fresh to me. A good chance to start without regards to any of the past.

Today is a milestone day for me. One year ago today I started writing my thoughts on this blog. 271 posts later I continue to be amazed at the way God is working in me. It has been a year of being challenged in what I've read, a year that I've learned the importance of community and how that looks in my day to day life, a year of ups and downs as I try to pursue Jesus, learning to trust at a level I didn't think possible, trying to grow as a leader, venturing out to try writing in a different way, learning to love, learning to forgive and ask for forgiveness, celebrating milestones with my family and friends, all of these are woven throughout the thoughts that I've written on here the last year. A snapshot of my life over the last year. What an amazing ride! Challenging at times, exciting at times, frustrating at times, fun in many ways - a ride worth taking.

What have you learned over the last year? Who has impacted your life? Whose life have you impacted? Ready to start it all over again?

1 comment:

brian Jennings said...

I've learned a lot about faith, integrity & the need for people to help me on the journey. I've also learned that I can't get to your crosscourt forehands as well as I could last year.