Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A little update

Half way there. Yesterday was day 45 of reading through the bible in 90 days. Currently reading through Proverbs which is one of the most practical books of the bible for me. I love the insights that I get each time I read through it. No matter where I am currently at in life there is something in there that speaks directly to me. An interesting switch from Psalms which reveals a lot of the emotion of the writers. Psalms dealt with the heart and Proverbs is reaching my mind. Wonder if that is part of what the verses in the new testament is talking about it when it says to love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind?

Refreshing day yesterday as I got to talk with some friends I haven't seen in awhile. A chance to catch up a little with the things happening in their lives and to enjoy their friendship. Kind of shows the diversity of my friends. One I've known for 24 years, the other I've known about a year. One lives in Las Vegas, the other I met on a plane going to Vegas. One started out investing in me, the other I started out investing in. Both are friends I don't get to talk with very often, but I love the unique perspective they bring to my life. A day I think God knew I needed to hear some encouragement from some friends.

Keep circling around the idea of living in the expectancy and not in the expectations. Enjoying the things I look forward to in friends (laughter, good conversations, etc.) but not having the expectations (rule that it has to happen). The good conversations that took place yesterday. A note from my aunt that simply says "I love you". A message from a friend half way across the world that shared her thoughts on my blog from yesterday. Enjoying the moments of friendship without expecting them. Hard not to look ahead and expect those, but trying to live fully in the moment and enjoying them. Thanks Shane, Joel, aunt Cathy and Kim for making yesterday better simply because you were part of it.

No comments: