Wednesday, December 3, 2008

One word

I love spontaneity and randomness. I often ask questions that ask people to describe something in one word. When I ask how would you describe me in one word, as long as the answer isn't "predictable" we are going to get along fine. Predictable to me means boring. I know some people like predictable and that is okay as long as you allow room for things to shake up that predictability. I love the feeling of wondering what is coming around the corner in my life. What is the next big adventure that I get to be a part of? I don't have it figured out how to be reliable and dependable and still maintain that randomness that I desire, but I am willing to venture out and try to make it happen. I was recently described as challenging. Not sure that I like to be described that way either but at least it wasn't predictable. Okay, this is the interactive part of this blog. Some of you who read this consistently (or more than once) time for your participation. Based on reading this blog or if you know me well, what word would you use to describe me? (And it can't be "predictable" because I know some of you would do that just because. Also there is always an understood "and why?" when I ask a question.) (Bonus points for those overachievers - what word would describe you and what word don't you like used to describe you?) Participate today. Don't wait for the long lines to form. Make a move to take some action now. Don't make me call you out by name. Have fun and be creative!

5 comments:

brianj33 said...

"Questioning."
The obvious reason is that you ask a lot of questions. It's not because you have nothing else to say, it's because you want to learn, shake-up things and challenge. Questions are often your medium for doing this.
You also question the status quo? You wonder if there is a better way?
There is a restlessness to your questions. You want to push forward. I don't think this means you aren't content, because I think you usually are. But you don't want to settle for easy answers or anything that is shallow.

And now for a list of words that I was tempted to write:
1. Sick (yeah, you know what I mean)
2. Obsessive (you iron your tee shirts - need I say more.)
3. Bat (like the animal) because you are awake at night & make some people nervous.

Anonymous said...

Dude! You missed what I meant by challenging! Brian explained it with his word and reasoning better than I did. I didn't mean pushy. I meant that you like to challenge people! IN A GOOD WAY!!!! freaking english language.

kellimoss said...

bold.

your ideas and thoughts are "out-of-the-box." you know what a chrisitan should look like and are willing to take the steps necessary, regardless. boldness. the challenging and shake-up things go hand in hand.

although, it wouldn't be the first word i would want to be described as, unfortunately, predictable would prob be on the list!

Lisa said...

I would never use the word predictable to describe you - although sometimes I do know what you're thinking and sometimes I can complete your sentences. I think that's just because I know you so well - although I continue to learn new things about you. Anyway, I would use the word loyal. You are always there anytime anyone needs you. You don't give up on people even when you want to.

cathy said...

I would have said predictable just to be a punk, but you said not to. I think I would say thoughtful. That's just how I experience you. You seem to do a lot of taking in and processing. I'm going to be the first to overachieve. I'm going to go with random, although I'm fairly certain that isn't the word others would use. I would hate to be described as weak.