Thursday, May 27, 2010

Summer breaks are where it is at

Hold on and enjoy the ride. Feel like that would be the tag line for my life as a movie. Not that is that exciting or wild of a life, but because sometimes holding on is about all I can do and other times it is a freaking fun ride.

Summer is one of the best times for the fun. I still mentally kind of hit that summer vacation mode (starting about this time of the year) you have when you are a kid, even though it has been a lot years since I've had one of those summer vacations like you have when you are in school. Everyone seems to slow down and have more free time. I love hanging out late into the evening and just enjoying the company of friends. The days where you just want to go hang out at the pool and kick back and enjoy the awesome day. I don't want to be in such a rush in life that I miss out on enjoying it. I will never be one of those people who have extra vacation days left over at the end of the year.

Maybe you are in one of those moments in life where you are just trying to hold on. If so, hang in there and look for the joy. It may be tough to find, but most of the time if we look hard enough, it is usually there. Not a fake happiness, but joy. It usually comes in the small ways that we can forget to look for. So what are the things that bring you joy? List them out and find a way to work them into your calendar. Make time to enjoy the ride, even if you have to schedule in the time to learn how to do it. I think I am out of here to go start experiencing some of that fun. Wonder how many things I can still fit into the rest of the day that will bring me joy? It has been a good day filled with interruptions that have been fun. Looking forward to what the rest of the week may hold. Go and start your summer vacation now. It is okay. Just go and tell your boss that I said so.

No comments: