Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Images

"The images that capture your focus will determine your destiny." - from Steven Furtick's blog today.

What captures your focus? I've been thinking about this in a couple of situations that are going on around me right now. I think I often see pictures of what could be. Where things could go over the next several years. The possibilities of some incredible things. Others see the mess of right now. The pieces that need to be rearranged and put back together. I may be a dreamer while they claim to be realist (another word for pessimist in my book most of the time). Different images have captured our focus. The cool thing is that we get to choose what we focus on. The imagines that dominate our thoughts are what we choose. Will I focus on myself, my career, or my family? Will my mind be held captive by a small boy the same age as my middle son who lives in the Philippines? Will I see the need that is all around me and the faces of those who are hurting? Will a new house or new car hold that spot in the digital picture frame in my mind? What image has captured your thoughts? What we dwell on is where we are heading. Don't like where that leads, then change the image you are focusing on. What is your destiny going to be?

No comments: