Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Who are you becoming?

What type of friends do you surround yourself with? It hit me today that most of my friends excel in areas that I value and want to strive to be better in. I look up to them and watch the examples they set. The one who bends over backwards to give in a friendship, the ones who serve the least of these, the one who leads even when it may be tough, the one who encourages me with his realness and transparency, the ones who love life and are passionate about having fun, and the ones who listen and challenge my beliefs. Those are things I strive to learn and do. I get the incredible opportunity to see it lived out in front of me every week. They say you are what you eat, I think you are what you surround yourself with. Want to know who you are becoming, look at the people surrounding you. In 1 Corinthians 15:33 it says "Bad company corrupts good character." I think good company can produce good character as well. So who are you becoming today?

No comments: