Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Does our focus need to change?

What do you focus on? For me I tend to see the areas where I don't measure up. I tend to spot the things in others that I might question. I want to improve who I am. I want to find my faults and work on those things. This is where I tend to camp out, but I wonder if I have it all wrong. Philippians 4:8 says "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things." He doesn't say to focus on our faults, but instead to focus on things that show the characteristics of Jesus. This is where I need to be dwelling. I think it is alright to seek to improve those areas where I am lacking, but that isn't where my thoughts should stay. I need to be pursuing Jesus. Looking at the things that reflect his qualities. Seeing those things in myself and the people I encounter. What do you focus on?

No comments: