Friday, March 6, 2009

That thing you do

What's your personal brand? Ever thought about the fact that you have a brand? I hadn't until I read about it this morning. What is a personal brand? Basically, it is the image that people have of you. We are building it with each action we take, every word we speak, each encounter we have with someone, and the decisions we make about life. So what words would you use to describe my brand? When I come to your mind what words would you use to describe my life? Come on, play along, and help me to see if the list I want to have is the reality of the brand I am known for.

Along those same lines I was reading a question from Andy Stanley where he asked those around him in ministry to answer - "Would you help me understand the way I do things?" So that is my question to you as well. I want to challenge and encourage people, specifically leaders, but how do I do that? I do things a certain way based on who I am but I don't always realize what it is that I am doing. (Confusing? Yeah, that would be my world.) So be brave today and give me some honest feedback. Let me hear about who I am and how I do things. I really would appreciate your feedback.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

You are loyal and giving. Willing to give of your time, resources, etc... You would do anything for those that you care about. One of the things I love most about you.