Thursday, March 5, 2009

I wonder...

I often have random thoughts and questions that really never get answered or go anywhere. Here are a few that have crossed my mind recently. Just a few things I am thinking and wondering about.

  • I've been reading lots of stuff related to leadership lately. Sometimes though I wonder why. I really don't have any leadership role to use the stuff I am learning. Is it just to absorb more knowledge? I am just a consumer of leadership thoughts?
  • Creative is more than coming up with good ideas. To be creative don't you have to actually create or produce something? Anybody can generate ideas (granted some aren't very good, but ...), that is the easy part, but making it happen is where the creative part comes in. Can you separate the creative process (the what or why) from the implementation (the how)?
  • Ever feel like giving up on a friendship because it is messy and takes lots of work? Wonder if you are the only one giving? Never hear a word of thanks. Makes me wonder if that isn't how God feels about me.
  • Think it would be cool if each team you are on would write a description of each member and what unique contribution they bring to the team. Might be tough to come up with those descriptions, but what a cool exercise. Read some of the ones Steven Furtick wrote about his team at Elevation and thought how energizing that would be for most people.
  • Are backup plans a way to avoid stepping out on faith? Does that suggest we want to make sure we are in control just in case God can't handle it? Don't think all backup plans are bad, but sometimes they might be. When do you take the risk without a safety net? Or do you ever?
  • I often wonder why I write this blog. Is it for me ego? (Doubtful as I don't think it is very widely read.) To process the things going on in my life? (Very possible.) To make some sort of difference? Because I can't not write?
  • Are we content with God leading us one step at a time or do we want a lifetime plan?
  • Are there any areas you are settling in? I never want an okay marriage, or an average friendship, or my boys to be average. Do I settle for average in my passion for Jesus? Not sure where contentment becomes settling but it is fine line in my opinion.

Hope your Thursday is incredible and that God is disturbing it in some huge ways!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With all this thinking, how do do get any work done? LOL

You make some good points. I'm currently working on trusting God vs. developing a backup plan. Two years ago I had no backup plan. Two kids later I'm becoming more risk adverse. I know this is natural but is this the way it should be?