Monday, March 2, 2009

K.I.S.S. method

Okay, for those of you who might have misread the title, the K.I.S.S. method stands for "keep it simple, stupid". Sorry to disappoint, but I am not offering any kissing techniques here. I do enjoy kissing my wife, but that isn't what this post is about. What it is about though, is that our lives are just a small part in God's story. Bottom line (i.e. the K.I.S.S. thought for me), it isn't about me, but it is about God.

Funny how we tend to see it differently most of the time though. We tend to think everything is about us, how it impacts our lives, how we will benefit from it, me, me, me. Really though we are just play the role of an extra in God's movie. We often see ourselves in the starring role, when actually we are on the screen for about one second (and usually then it is just the back of our head in a crowd scene). We think the whole story is revolving around our lives, but it is really just a little part of God's story. God created the universe (nope, I wasn't a part of that), God uses Noah (nope, not in that scene either), God chooses Abraham to play a role (not here either), God tells Moses to reclaim His people (nowhere to be found yet), God used Joseph, David, his prophets, Isaiah, and many others leading up to the turning point in the story - Jesus' resurrection (by the way, I'm not in any of those scenes either). Here is my big scene, the point where if you look quickly and really hard, I am there briefly between the turning point and the climatic finish of His returning. See the thing is, it really is all about God. I do have a part to play, but some perspective of what that part is needed today. We tend to think everything revolves around us when in reality it should all be pointing to God. Do your absolute best with your scene, but don't forget who the story is really about. Let's just keep it simple, and just say it is all about God.

No comments: