Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Improv or scripted?

Yesterday was a day of curve balls for me. Things thrown at me that I didn't really see coming. Oh, they were things I knew were out there. Things I sort of had a plan for. But what I thought was the situation... changed... without warning.

We can prepare for things, but I recommend holding on loosely to those plans. Things rarely go as expected. And I am okay with that. It may take me a little while to process the sudden change, but then you adjust and move on. What other option do you have?

Kind of think life may be lived best as improv. You make it up as you go along. It rarely looks like a movie because it doesn't follow the script very well. A sudden change in characters, an unexpected twist in the story, a prop you didn't see coming... you adapt and improvise. Seems to be how life happens for me. May be different for you. Maybe you have it figured out, have a plan and stick to it... me, well, I'm just winging it.

The unexpected can be both good or bad. We can't control the unknown, but the great thing is we get to decide how to deal with it. We get to choose our attitude and our perspective. We learn, adapt and keep moving forward.

Don't know what life is throwing your direction right now, but I hope you choose to make the wise choice. Not the easy choice, not even the "right" choice.. but the wise one. Ready... here comes life so hang on and do your best.

No comments: