Friday, June 11, 2010

Ready for the weekend

It's Friday so that must mean it is time for a post of my random thoughts. These are the things that bounce around in my head during the week. Things that make me pause, things that I find funny or just random thoughts I have. So enjoy.
  • I've sent out two e-mails so far today. One to say "I'm sorry" and another to say "You were right". Why are those some of the hardest words to say? Amazing how much pride I can have and not want to admit that I could possibly be wrong about anything.
  • Been a week to touch base with friends I haven't talked to much recently. Traded e-mails, texts and phone calls with several friends in the last couple of days. Love hearing what is going on in their lives. Also love the fact that I can bypass all of the surface and just jump into the real questions without much effort.
  • Amazed at how God works. Simply amazed. I was having trouble seeing the point in some things and He allowed me to see the answer to my why questions. That doesn't always happen, but it was very refreshing for me this week because it did.
  • Looking forward to answering a message I got last night from a friend that was full of questions. Bring on the questions. I love my friends. Even though they are just as twisted, random and unbalanced as me.
  • Also looking forward to a week of being unplugged. No activities for the boys to plan around in the evenings, no access to a computer and probably limited responses to any phone calls/ text messages. Also get to hang out in the evenings with my wife. A week long date. How cool is that? That and the fact the temperatures are suppose to be in the mid-60s. Oh yeah, bring on the week. (By the way, that means no blog posts next week. And there was great weeping heard around the country. Yeah right.)
  • Okay just for fun. If you read this blog, leave a comment of what topic you would like to see covered here. When I get back, if there are any suggested topics, I might take a shot at giving my thoughts on it.

Let the weekend begin!

1 comment:

Des said...

Love the blog! Have a great weekend