Thursday, February 25, 2010

What to say

Do you say what needs to be said? Not what you want to say, not what is easiest to say, not to be quiet when it needs to be said... but to actually say the things that need to be talked about.

If you are a Christian, we are told to confess to one another, but I still rarely see that happen. As we discussed this a little bit last night, the thought that struck me was that not confessing may be the ultimate in selfishness. We continue to try to control the situation and choose to disobey God. Not saying what needs to be said is about protecting our image. We can give lip service to doing the right things, but if we need to confess and don't, then we are out of alignment with God. Wonder why we are so infrequently willing to talk about the sin in our lives when we know it is there? Other than pride, what holds us back? Sounds pretty selfish to me.

Another thought that has been floating around in my mind this morning is this. If we do what we are suppose to do 95% of time, we are still totally disobedient. 95% may get you an 'A' in school and put you in the top of the class, but with God that 5% of not listening, doing, saying, confessing or whatever still makes you disobedient to Him. He wants it all. Kind of circling around with my thoughts of loving God with all of my heart, mind, soul and strength. I want the easy out when things are tough. I want the reason that lets me slide on something that I know I should do. I want that 5% wiggle room, but God wants it all. Anything less is disobedience.

So what do you need to say? Now go do it. Anything less isn't acceptable.

No comments: