Monday, February 8, 2010

More than actions

Have you heard the quote "actions speak louder than words"? I've always felt that was true, but I wonder if we need to even dig a little deeper. Maybe add - reactions speak even louder. How I react to something reveals what is really in my heart. I can act a certain way and not really believe it, but how I react shows what really lies underneath. Words are only as meaningful as the actions and reactions that back them up. There is a reason for the phrase "talk is cheap". Words don't cost you anything. You can promise something or say you will act a certain, but without the action it doesn't add up to much. Likewise though you can act a certain way, but without the love behind the action does it really count for much? Reactions match the intent with the actions. You say you are a christian... does how you react support that? What are your reactions saying about you? Never mind the words... if we get it to our heart then the actions and reactions will speak a whole lot louder and clearer that even shouting the words can. We are told to love God with all of our heart. Do you act like it? Do you react like it?

No comments: