Tuesday, March 23, 2010

For or against?

What are you known for? Is it what you believe in or what you are against? I have a couple of friends that I could tell you what they are against, but I wonder what they are for? I wonder if people know what I am for or rather what I am against? One says this is how I live my life, the other says this what I criticize in others. Just wondering aloud this morning.

I read on Anne Jackson's blog sometime last week her list of "instead of" statements. I like this idea and have been thinking about it since then. These are some of the characteristics I want to be know for:
  • Generous instead of entitled
  • Patient instead of demanding
  • Understanding instead of judgemental
  • Honest instead of popular
  • Serving instead of self focused

What "instead of" statements would you like your life to say?

No comments: