Friday, August 14, 2009

Rhythm of life

Do you have a rhythm to your life? The start of the school always means an adjustment to the flow of life around our house. We now have a different routine as we adjust to school, homework, soccer practice, guitar practice, scouts, and the various other things that are going on. It usually takes us a little while to adjust to it and figure out what that rhythm looks like. The change in pace can make things a little hectic to begin with, but I welcome the change as it seems like a fresh start to things.

What about your rhythm with God? Does it ever change? To me there is an ebb and flow to my relationship with God. Sometimes it has the frantic pace of adjusting to the new, other times it is in the comfortable spot of the familiar, sometimes I have moved too far out of His presence - whatever the place I am currently in I know that the rhythm will always be adjusting. I like that. That change brings a fresh look at what is important and a chance to refocus on God. I think I am in one of those changes of rhythm right now. Having the chance to see God in some different ways than I have before. Can't wait to see where it leads!

What does your rhythm in life look like now? What about your rhythm with God?

No comments: