Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A memorable scene

I guess this would be part two of my earlier thoughts as I continue to read "A Million Miles in a Thousand Years" by Donald Miller. I don't know if it is the creative side of me, the part that wants to write, the piece of me that yearns to live a life of significance, the glimpse of an incredible God, or maybe some combination of all four, but this book is challenging me in a completely different way.

The following grabbed my attention and just keeps running through my head tonight. "A good movie has memorable scenes, and a so does a good life." I was thinking about several of those important conversation that I have had during my life. Those life-changing moments. Most of the ones I remember are set somewhere memorable and somewhere different. A conversation had on an observation deck overlooking a lake. One that took place on the top of some rocks that we spent several hours climbing. On Federal hill overlooking the harbor in Baltimore. A conversation while watching the Freemont experience in Las Vegas. The scene wasn't the most important thing, but it was part of what created a memory that I won't forget. What are some of those memorable scenes from your life?

What if our lives were lived in such a way that created memorable scenes in other people's lives? What if we were intentional in making our lives stand out from the normal? What if the way we choose to respond, the way we choose to serve, the way we choose to love - what if those were memorable scenes we could paint into someones life? What if those moments were like the altars that God often had His people build in the old testament? Those reminders of when He rescued them or they were given grace. What if our lives created memorable scenes that others looked back to as they remember seeing a glimpse of what God is like? What memorable scenes are you going to create today?

No comments: