Friday, November 20, 2009

Finally Friday. Let the fun begin!

Working on a new theory here. What if you started each morning trying to accomplish what was stated in the songs you listen to? The last several songs I heard this morning on my way to work were "Apologize" by One Republic, "Smile" by Uncle Kracker and "Say" by John Mayer (the main chorus says "say what you need to say"). Those sound like a good way to spend the day - smiling, saying what needs to be said, and apologizing when necessary. Now here is where the theory runs into a little trouble. What about the songs "Fireflies" by Owl Cities and "Good Ol' Fashion Nightmare" by Matt & Kim. Haven't quite figured out how to work those in yet.

Have you noticed when someone adds "technically speaking" to what they are saying that means "well if you want to be anal about it". I wonder how we came up with some of the phrases we use?

Couple of realizations that blow my mind. I have been married almost 18 years. I remember when I was 17 and my parents celebrated their 25th anniversary thinking how amazing that was that they had been married that long. (They celebrate 50 this next year. How awesome is that!) Really it seems like it has just flown by. Lisa and I both continue to change and learn new things about each other (Even if she thinks she knows what I am thinking most of the time, which she doesn't. Well, okay, maybe she does as I tend to have two or three reoccurring themes in my thoughts, but still...) while we still date each other and experience life together. Second thought that I still am trying to fully wrap my mind around is that I have a teenager. I have worked with high school students for almost 18 years and now we have one living in our house. Just another one of those moments where I feel like I woke up and was like "Wow! How did we get here so fast!"

Finished the book by Donald Miller the other night (highly recommend it) and have started on "Jesus Loves You This I Know" by Craig Gross. Also still reading "What The Dog Saw" by Malcolm Gladwell (excellent writer and speaker) and "The Gutter" by Craig Gross as well. Any must read books that you have read lately?

Well those are the random Friday morning insights into my mind. Have an incredible weekend! Find a way to make someones weekend extraordinary.

No comments: