Thursday, October 1, 2009

Random questions and a unique sight

As I was talking with Lane today, he pointed out how ironic it is that our money says "In God We Trust" when it appears that most people trust in the money more than God. Is this a case of mislabeling? I wonder how things would look in my life if God visibly labeled them according to what my motives and actions said versus what I verbally say. What would wear the label of "what I treasure most", "what I am passionate about", "where I place my trust", and "who I care about"? Would all of those labels be on me? Does my life reflect my desire to serve others selflessly while I pursue being like Jesus? Or does it reflect that I care about myself more than any other thing or person? What or who would wear your labels?

Another question that I have been thinking about is how do I want my life to impact the people I am investing in? I think bottom line it boils down to forward movement. It doesn't have to be what I think it could be or even what I want it to be, but I want to see something for my investment of time. If they are in the same place as before, then have I really added anything to their life? We are called to love and make a difference. Are we doing that? Do we help others move forward? What do you want people to have after spending time with you?

Great sight last night to see 25 people playing putt-putt in their pajamas. It was suppose to be bowling, but who knew the bowling alley would go out of business just a couple of days before. Flexibility has to be the number one requirement of working with students. Things never go as planned. Kind of like life most of the time. Our high school students rolled with the change and still had a blast. So if you saw some strangely dressed people playing mini-golf off of Hwy 169 last night, that was probably us.



No comments: