Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A little glimpse into my thoughts

I had the opportunity to hear some incredible speakers at Catalyst last week. Speakers such as Andy Stanley, Malcolm Gladwell, Rob Bell, Chuck Swindoll, Dave Ramsey, Francis Chan, Matt Chandler and few other names you might recognize. All of them brought something to the table that I am sure I will still be processing over the next several weeks. But for me, it was during the times of worship and during some conversations with new friends that the tough questions hit me. Here are a few of the thoughts I wrote down and have been trying to work through since then.

  • Does your heart break for what breaks God's heart? Show me what you are going to do because of that broken heart. Talk isn't enough.
  • Are you open for what is next? (This was woven in as part of theme this year.) So what are going to do?
  • God, what is the one thing that I need to hear? Why have you lead me here for this moment? Who am I suppose to serve? What conversations am I suppose to have?
  • Am I dating my wife well? Why do we usually become less creative in our dating when we get married?
  • Who am I suppose to encourage? Whose path has purposefully crossed mine, whether for a brief period or for the long-term, that I am suppose to invest in?

I've continued to reflect on these and where God is leading with these. Questions that I will probably come back to several times over the next couple of months. These along with a few other thoughts and things I learned this week will continue to shape my current view of life and the people around me. A lot to soak in from the speakers, worship and incredible people I got to spend a little time with last week. What are you learning in your life that you can share? What questions are you wrestling with? Who is impacting your life and whose life are you investing in?

No comments: