Tuesday, September 21, 2010

My dislike of structure

How do you manage changes in your rhythm of life?

I don't consider myself an especially structured person. I like a general idea of the plan or an overview of what is going on, but pile on the details and I begin to lose focus. So when life becomes especially structured, I get a little stir crazy. All of that to say, that right now my life is feeling very structured. New responsibilities, changes in friendships, little free time... all of those create a new rhythm for me. So how do you manage a season that isn't part of your natural rhythm? Just suck it up and plow through it? Try to find some less structured time? (And how exactly would you do that?)

Not a bad place, just a different one for me. I do like (once I am fully awake) having some time in the morning to read. That structure is good and definitely helps me start off the day with a better perspective of what is important. I just miss some of the creative things of life and the freedom to invest in people. Still find some time for these things but it takes more planning... and structure (aarrgh!)

So what season are you in? A good one... enjoy it to it's fullest. A tough one... hold on and things will change. A structured one.. I have no clue.

(A side note. One of those creative things I miss is writing on here. So bear me with me through the sporadic postings, random rants, and lack of challenging thoughts. Hopefully the season is a short one.)


1 comment:

Lisa said...

As you know your wife enjoys structure although at times it even gets to me (kind of like my meltdown last night). A good night's sleep goes a long way for me but I know you aren't the same way. Hope you can find some time for fun. I love you!