Monday, January 4, 2010

A blank page

The beginning of the year is one of my favorite times of the year. It is a blank page that is still waiting to be written. I am not big on resolutions (probably because it feels like a checklist to me), but I do like the feeling at the start of the year of how everything going forward is wide open. I know each day is like this, but at the beginning of the year I recognize it more. The possibilities are all there and I am starting with a clean slate - no failures this year to look back on, no baggage from my mistakes this year to carry, but instead there is hope. Hope that my pursuit of being more like Jesus will be reflected in my life. The hope that I can be the husband, father, friend, leader, and worker that I am suppose to be. That hope is what keeps me trying. The possibility that this year I will get it right more often than not. Today is a blank page in the first chapter of 2010, what are you going to write today?

No comments: