Tuesday, April 19, 2011

It is up to you

How do you respond to a challenge? Does it motivate you? Does it cause you to shutdown? Does it make you dig in your heels and refuse to move? Challenges are a given in life, how you respond is up to you.

How do I respond? Well this week I've met several challenges and have probably responded with each of the ways listed above. I've felt pressured by one challenge and it makes me want to dig in my heels and be stubborn. I've wanted to grow in some areas and those have motivated me. I've met a challenge that has been a constant struggle of mine and it makes me want to quit.

People can also be challenging... some in a good way, others not so much. I have one friend who stretches me and challenges me to smash boxes. I have had conversations with another friend that challenges my beliefs and how I perceive those around me. I have people that I am around that are just plain difficult and challenge my patience. Some challenge me to do more. There is no end to the ways we can be challenged by the people in our lives. With all of these, it is again up to us how we respond.

Loving them is a choice. It is the one Jesus challenges us to live out each day. How are you going to respond?

2 comments:

Telmo said...

Good!

Promotional Pens said...

How we respond depends on the challenge given. Sometime the best response is to face it head on and sometimes the best response is to simply turn the other cheek.